When planning to visit the beach in Brighton, it is important to keep a few things in mind.
1. No matter how much you hate to swim and hate the ocean for being cold and windy, buy a swimsuit specifically for this one day. It's worth it. Turns out you love the ocean.
2. Take your professor's advice about going in the water with no inhibitions. Be the first person in.
3. Do not take off your saltwater sandals. They are made for things like this and your feet are not. If you run all the way down a rock beach barefoot you will have bruised soles and stubbed toes.
4. Order fish and chips for the millionth time because they aren't the same in America and it's totally normal to eat them everyday, right?
5. Also get ice cream, because it is the beach and you deserve it.
6. It is imperative that you pick at least one over priced ride on the pier because even though the line is longer than the roller coaster, your life will never be this similar to an episode of Hannah Montana again. And that's all you've ever wanted, admit it.
23 | Seattle, Wa